What is Zoom Plugin for Outlook and How to Use it
What is Zoom Plugin for Outlook
As is known to us, Zoom boasts over 300 million daily meeting participants and Outlook is flying with 400 million-plus users. As both of them play a leading role in their own fields, it’s natural you are one of the millions who are using both Zoom and Outlook. Now the Zoom plugin for Outlook will help you integrate your favorite video conferencing tool into your most-used email app.
Quick and easy meeting scheduling in Microsoft Outlook is made possible with the Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin. You may arrange and begin immediate Zoom meetings using the Plugin, as well as turn scheduled meetings into Zoom meetings. Based on your Outlook Calendar events, the Outlook Plugin will additionally sync free/busy times to the Zoom Client.
How to Download Zoom Outlook Plugin on Mac
You can easily and quickly arrange and begin immediate Zoom meetings with the Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin, as well as convert already scheduled meetings into Zoom meetings. There are several steps you should follow to download Zoom Outlook Plugin on Mac.
- You should go to the download page.
- Click the Download button for Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook.
- After the download is complete, run the file and follow the install wizard to complete the installation. You may need to restart your Outlook desktop client before using the plugin.
Then open Microsoft Outlook desktop client. The Zoom Plugin button will appear in your Outlook Home toolbar and Calendar toolbar respectively.
How to Create a Zoom Meeting in Outlook
- Select the Schedule a Meeting button (seen below)
- Input your desired settings in to the Settings dialogue that appears. Selecting "Save as default" will make the current selections the default for all future scheduled meetings using the Outlook Plugin.
3. A calendar invitation will appear with the Zoom information generated automatically.
- You can cancel the Zoom meeting or change the settings of the Zoom meeting in the calendar invitation by selecting the corresponding buttons in the menu.
4. Open your calendar invitation in Outlook
5. In the calendar invitation window, select the Schedule a Meeting button in the menu and enter your desired settings in the dialogue box that appears.
6. Open your Outlook Calendar. Then right-click the date/time desired and select "New Appointment".
7. You can now select to either "Schedule A Meeting" or Personal Audio Conference to schedule the meeting type of your choice.
Tips on Using Zoom Plugin for Outlook
Some common examples of issues will appear that users may face with their Zoom plugin Outlook integration.
- Zoom Outlook Plugin Not Showing Up
This can happen if someone on your team tries to plan meetings for another team member on a shared calendar. You should determine if the issue is caused by the shared calendar or the Zoom plugin.
Test the add-in on the Outlook website to confirm this. If the add-in functions well, consider uninstalling and re-adding the calendar.
- Zoom Outlook Plugin not Working
First, ensure that your operating system and system type satisfy the minimum requirements. If everything is in order, navigate to the Outlook calendar.
Open Outlook and go to File > Options. Select Add-ins from the menu. Select Disabled Items from Manage at the bottom of the page, then click Go.
Enable the Zoom Outlook Plugin by selecting it.
With Zoom Plugin for Outlook, you don’t have to open multiple apps at the same time. Instead, you can schedule the meeting while you’re working on emails in the email tool, which is convenient and saves your a lot of time.
There are various approaches for saving time and improving working efficiency. In addition to the Zoom Plugin for Outlook, Nuroum’s NearSync is an app that can manage your video conferencing devices from anywhere and anytime. Nearify is also a free noise canceling APP for meeting freedom, which can largely improve the quality of your meetings. Please visit NUROUM.com for more information on NearSync and Nearify to take your virtual meetings to the next level.